Saturday, November 08, 2008

A couple of great songs

As I am still working on the proofs (though I see the light at the end of the tunnel), I give you a couple of wonderful musical clips in place of anything more profound. First, "Just As I Am" by Glad, courtesy of Eldest Daughter. Does anyone know if Glad writes its own tunes? This has a sound of an Irish folk tune to me, very much, but I think it is probably original with them. We sing this at Communion at my church. (Not like Glad does it, though!)



Then, via Dawn Eden, here is "Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet." See Dawn's post for the story behind this one.



Update: The video I have embedded of "Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet" appears to have been taken down from Youtube. Unfortunately, the only other Youtube I've been able to find that gives that same version of the song has a fairly weird artsy video to go with it, and I don't want to link it. But the story at Dawn's blog is interesting nonetheless.

2 comments:

Richard D said...

Glad wrote some of their own music (Be Ye Glad springs to mind), but they built their reputation as musicians when they began writing their own arrangements of music written by others. Glad's earlier music - the music that was more contemporary pop/rock in nature - consisted mainly of things they wrote themselves.

Lydia McGrew said...

So you would guess that the different tune to "Just As I Am" is somebody else's?